How to make your trade fair successful
Many contacts are made with visitors at a trade fair. Interested parties ask you about products and services and ideally leave their contact details there. So that this valuable data does not remain unused, you should carry out a thorough analysis after the fair and plan and carry out further actions. Only those who remember themselves regularly can assert themselves in the long term.
What are the success factors of a trade fair?
Always work on improving your appearance and create a serious and competent image. Create an appealing and informative trade fair stand. Train your employees to treat interested parties in a friendly and courteous manner and to gather information in the process. The new contacts are important leads, which should lead later to business transactions. Use the trade fair to increase your reach and create a basis for successful networking.
The number of leads seems to be the most important factor for trade fair success. Only the contacts alone should not be the goal of your representation. It is essential to generate customers from the leads. With a detailed follow-up of the fair, collected contacts can be transformed into real business. If you succeed in winning new customers from the prospective customers at the stand, you can book the trade fair as a success. It is also important to have feedback or requests from customers or interested parties. Possibly product improvements or completely new business ideas develop from it.
Trade fair follow-up in practice
This is how you arrange the initial contact with interested parties after the trade fair
Follow-up at fairs should follow a specific timetable, which also depends on the capture techniques used. At the stand, the leads are often collected on paper sheets and after a week the follow-up will usually take place. The disadvantage of this method is that after a trade fair an average of 20 other companies with similar approaches reach the interested parties. They all need a certain amount of time to enter the recorded notes into their systems. It is quite clear that with a similar timetable there is a risk of drowning in the masses. If you hurry, you may neglect important details when entering your data. Information is often insufficiently captured when it is transferred to CRM. Sometimes not all information is transferred, some of which was not captured in writing, but only exists in the heads of the stand team. The data may not show whether the visitors were actually interested and whether they remembered the company positively. The transfer of information from marketing to sales in this way is not optimal.
Tips how to efficiently manage your trade fair results and generate more revenue
1. Be extra fast during follow-up at trade fairs. Design the collection of prospective customer data so that you can use it practically immediately after the trade fair. This includes electronic capturing with e-mail, phone number and other important data. Clarify already in each discussion at the exhibition booth, which interests the visitor pursues and note these in such a way that the data sets can be filtered afterwards. Only send relevant information in the follow-up after trade fairs in order to present your company as competent and customer-focused.
2. Concentrate on the hot leads that should already be identified as such at the trade fair.
3. If the lead is interesting, contact it frequently. With the plan to call three times, approximately 81% of customers are reached. With a frequency of six calls, the probability of reaching the other party increases to 96%.
4. Repeat the benefits of your product or service over and over again when you call the prospective customer. This way you can stand out from your competitors and convince the customer of the offered products. Don’t forget to deal with objections and questions – the customer should feel individually cared for and taken seriously.
5. Use the preferred communication channel indicated by the interested parties at the fair. Those who do not wish to receive telephone calls should not simply be called, even if the telephone number is known. Ask for the preferred communication channel during the interview at the trade fair. Use creative ideas for your marketing to stand out from the mass of competitors.
6. Stay in contact with your leads, even if they do not express a specific purchase intention. It is possible that customers will develop from this in the long run who are currently collecting information on different solutions. In this case, marketing and sales should work together to create an efficient nurturing based on the customer journey.
7. Make the most of the entire CRM and get as much information as possible from the lead. This includes, for example, reactions to e-mails sent and questions during telephone calls. Systematize your data with an efficient system and gain an advantage in terms of time and information. Knowledge is power – you can use it to serve your customers even better and offer them exactly the products they need.
Effective trade fair follow-up with hileadzz
The question is how to approach all the tips efficiently and not create extra work.
Companies need to keep up with the times and digitize their trade fair appearance
Imagine you already have the data of your leads in a digital form at the fair. This eliminates the steps of manual postprocessing and transfer to CRM, which can take several days for many companies.
hileadzz is a Software as a Service solution for the trade fair lead management of B2B companies. The sales department no longer records the leads on paper sheets at the exhibition stand, but enters the data and notes directly into a digital lead mask. Once the leads have been captured, the follow-up to the trade fair can begin immediately.
hileadzz – Efficient Lead Management at Trade Fairs
1. Digital lead capturing at trade fairs
Avoid taking notes and maintaining them in the system afterwards. Make a note of all contact data of your conversation partner directly in the digital lead mask of hileadzz. Here you can type the data quickly or scan it via OCR technology from the business card. Qualify the leads at the same time according to the criteria you define, such as role in the company, start of the possible project, investment sum, etc.
2. Enrichment of data from open sources
With hileadzz enrichment, you save valuable time in your sales team that no longer has to search for company size or number of employees. hileadzz crawls publicly accessible sources, such as a company’s website, and pulls the data that is important for B2B companies to the data set.
3. Individual Trade Fair Follow-Up
DThe heart of hileadzz is the individual follow-up, which lays the foundation for an open customer relationship. Here, hileadzz pays particular attention to sending only the relevant content to the relevant people. The tagging functionality makes it very easy to send topic-specific content. The outstanding design of the so-called “business kit” enables an average opening rate of 72%.
4. Lead analysis and performance measurement
Through the digital documentation of all lead data including the ‘creation date’, important analyses can be generated and measures can be derived:
- Total number of leads and leads per day
- Evaluation of interest groups
- The most successful topics in Follow-Up
- Click behavior of individual leads
5. Transfer to CRM
Collecting all data in hileadzz alone would not be an advance. hileadzz has an open API that allows a company to connect to any other system (such as CRM or ERP). All collected data as well as the click behaviour of the leads are synchronized with the system and give the sales department an optimal basic load of trade fair follow-up.